Multilevel selling is a direct sales system, regulated in all European countries by law, in which Young Living sells its products through a network of independent distributors, although coordinated in the same commercial network.
The independent distributors of Young Living can form groups, but still the company sells directly to each and every one of the distributors, as it does not distribute to any shop or commerce.
The discounts you get in the price of the oils and the income generated by creating a distribution network, come from the direct sale of essential oils and from other products that contain these -toothpaste, shampoo, cosmetics-, all with return guarantees.
In addition, Young Living is governed by a transparent Code of Ethics, which promotes and discloses the Direct Selling Associations throughout the whole world.
In Europe, several directives regulate multilevel as a commercial practice:
- Consumer Rights Directive (2011/83/UE)
- Alternative Litigation Resolution Directive (2013/11/UE)
- Directive on Unfair Commercial Practices (2005/29/CE)
- Directive on Deceptive Advertising and Comparative Advertising (2006/114/EC)
- Directive on certain aspects of the sale and guarantees of consumer goods (1999/44/CE)
At the same time, each country member of the European Union has developed its own laws and regulations based on these Directives.
Some of the Associations of Direct Selling Companies from which you can obtain information:
In the United Kingdom
In the USA
And to have a complete list of Dierect Worldwide Sales Associations, you can see: